Posted on February 9, 2009 by jessicahartley
Due to an excessive few weeks of dining out, I decided to give it a rest. That’s not to say I haven’t eaten this week, because we all know that would be a complete farce. So, I’m going to back track a bit and cover some of the restaurants I didn’t get to last week. I’ll also cover a few recession friendly recipes for the nights you decide you just can’t order in again.
- The newly opened Baoguette is on my list of to-do’s. Though this eatery is uncharacteristic of Murray Hill, I think it’s arrival was greated with open arms.
- Inoteca makes its way to Murray Hill in the old Bar Milano space. What a great new addition to the neighborhood.
- The Choice Eats Tasting Event is nearly here! Their 2nd annual event is being hosted at the 69th Armory on March 31st. Buy your tickets here to taste an eclectic array of the Village finest.
- Le Petit Abeille, Almond, and The Barking Dog. What we can do with and without…
- Kampuchea is a MUST post for this week. Stay tuned for elaborate pictures.
- Recession Roast Chicken and Make Your Own Pizza will be light on the wallet and easy to whip up on any week night.
Filed under: Almond, Baoguette, Choice Eats, Inoteca, Kampuchea, Le Petit Abeille, Recession Roast Chicken, The Barking Dog | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 2, 2009 by jessicahartley
Since I’ve been dining out quite a bit over the last two weeks or so, I decided that I will be posting a brief recap of some of the recent places I’ve visited, the latest food news & food related events, and what you can look forward to reading via this week’s posts. Every Monday morning I will post the “Food for Thought” of the week. And here goes…
- TONIGHT: Israeli Wine Tasting Event at Suba, $25 cover charge for a THREE HOUR wine and tapas tasting (which will be kosher). Proceeds will be donated to Save a Child’s Heart. Pictures and details of the event will be posted later in the week.
GOSSIP: This might be your last chance to hit Suba before Spitzer’s management turns it into a Mexican joint. As if we need another one of those…
*I will be present at both events so come and say hello : )
- Though it has been some time since Borough Food and Drink has turned over, I headed over to the newly replaced Almond to see what all the fuss is about.
- And an oldie but a goodie (for some) I finally tried the European style Petit Abeille.
- Apparently Cambodian streetfood is just that good. More on my experience at LES hot spot Kampuchea later this week as well as details on their one time only Valentine’s desserts and half-price wine Sundays.
- Second time’s a charm at Wogies. Chicken vs. Steak and Free Fries…
- Wings, pizza, beer, SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP, and more.
Filed under: Almond, Food for Thought, Kampuchea, NYC Alzheimer's Association, Petit Abeille, Philly Cheesesteaks, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Suba, Superbowl Sunday, The Village Pourhouse, Wogies | 1 Comment »