Since I’ve been dining out quite a bit over the last two weeks or so, I decided that I will be posting a brief recap of some of the recent places I’ve visited, the latest food news & food related events, and what you can look forward to reading via this week’s posts. Every Monday morning I will post the “Food for Thought” of the week. And here goes…
- TONIGHT: Israeli Wine Tasting Event at Suba, $25 cover charge for a THREE HOUR wine and tapas tasting (which will be kosher). Proceeds will be donated to Save a Child’s Heart. Pictures and details of the event will be posted later in the week.
GOSSIP: This might be your last chance to hit Suba before Spitzer’s management turns it into a Mexican joint. As if we need another one of those…
- THURSDAY: Winter Wii Happy Hour at The Pourhouse, Cover-Free happy hour from 6-9 pm. Part of the proceeds of each drink are given to the NYC Alzheimer’s Association’s Junior Committee (WHICH I’M PERSONALLY AFFILIATED WITH).
*I will be present at both events so come and say hello : )
- Though it has been some time since Borough Food and Drink has turned over, I headed over to the newly replaced Almond to see what all the fuss is about.
- And an oldie but a goodie (for some) I finally tried the European style Petit Abeille.
- Apparently Cambodian streetfood is just that good. More on my experience at LES hot spot Kampuchea later this week as well as details on their one time only Valentine’s desserts and half-price wine Sundays.
- Second time’s a charm at Wogies. Chicken vs. Steak and Free Fries…
- Wings, pizza, beer, SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP, and more.
Filed under: Almond, Food for Thought, Kampuchea, NYC Alzheimer's Association, Petit Abeille, Philly Cheesesteaks, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Suba, Superbowl Sunday, The Village Pourhouse, Wogies | 1 Comment »