This week at work, I was tasked with creating a proposal for Texas Tourism. Boy, was that finger lickin’ fun! And you know what, it actually was because I found some really entertaining food bits that I never would have learned.
- Jalapeno jelly originated in Lake Jackson in 1978.
- Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. There is no period after Dr in Dr Pepper.
- According to one report, more popcorn is sold in Dallas, Texas than anywhere in the US (the average American eats 42 quarts of popcorn each year)
- In Houston it is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday
- You can buy chicken fried steak at one Chinese restaurant in Fort Stockton, Texas
- It is illegal to milk another person’s cow
- The official state food of Texas is chili
- Seventy-five percent of the world’s Snickers bars are made in Waco at the M&M/Mars plant