- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Milk or Half and Half ( I use Land o’ Lakes fake half and half)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. macaroni (elbows)
- Approximately 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of each: cheddar, fontina, gruyere, grated Parmesan, and Velveeta
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1. Melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir to combine. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half and half little by little and then add cheeses. Cook until thickened, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat, season w/salt and pepper. Mix with cooked pasta and put in a buttered casserole dish.
4. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
*This recipe was contributed by Corinne Case who is originally from Waltham, Massachussets and currently lives in NYC. She recently ran her first marathon in her record time of 4:20. Congratulations Rinny!
**Please note that this mouthwatering dish, though fantastic, is neither healthy or nutritious.